Saturday, July 15, 2006

My big secret- meme

I saw this meme on Annie's blog and I decided that it was high time I aired my dirty laundry too.
So here goes...
I saw a really good movie the other night while I was suffering from a bit of insomnia. Now, I don't really want to admit what movie it was. See, I have this guilty pleasure most of my friends and aquaintances who read the blog don't know about. It dates back to childhood and I feel it is either a genetic affliction or a delibratley implanted preference.
Deep breath, this is really hard.
I love baseball movies. Especially the cheesy ones. Any movie that is even remotely about baseball in any way. Bull Durham- loved it. Major League- loved it. The Natural- loved it, Feild of Dreams- loved it. (I've actually been to the field in Iowa whre the movie was filmed, thanks Dad.)
My father is a huge Baseball fan. I've gone on and on about learning to love the game from him countless times, anyone who knows me has heard it all before. (This is where the idea for implanted preferences came from), But I am so tickled by this stupid little movie that I just have t o tell everyone I know to go watch it.
It's called Fever Pitch. It stars Jimmy Fallon and the lovely and talented Ms. Drew Barrymore. It's a romantic comedy (I usually hate those with a passion) about an obsessive Red Sox fan and the woman he falls for the year the Sox break the "Curse of the
Bambino. " I could seriously consider watching it again.
Bonus point: The Dropkick Murphys, a Boston punk band that I like, has a song on the soundtrack. It is a remake of a 1906 rally song called "Tessie" that Sox fans used to sing when their team was a major force in baseball. They recorded it the year before Boston broke the curse. Lesson: Punk Rock saved Boston Baseball. Go figure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xenti said...

Caught bits of this on Cable the other day. Liked it.

"If I ever build a time machine, that's the first place I'm going back to."

9:52 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Fever Pitch?! Ok, now that's a good secret...[smile]. Hope you kicked butt today!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home