Sunday, February 20, 2005

the gates at sunrise


A Picture Share!
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
Yes people, I actually got up at 6:00 this morning to go to central park and get a couple shots of the installation before the park was packed with people. I really have a new appreciation for the crack of dawn now having seen the sun come up in Manhattan. It was unbelievable how few people were up and about at 6am on a Sunday in the middle of New York City.
For a city that never sleeps, it seemed like everyone was having a bit of a lie-in this morning. All the better for me! I walked like, ninety blocks today. Seriously. I went from W 72nd st. on the Upper West Side all the way to Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, and The East Village, all before noon.
I even saw Times Square, which was full of families with video cameras and loud dads yelling and pointing at the lights all "Look Ethan! Dylan! Morgan! Madison! Look at the giant flashy things!" scary.
It was about 8:30 am and I felt so sorry for the kids.
But I had a great day anyway, mostly because I know my Daddy would never drag me through Times Square at the crack of dawn. We'd go to the New York Public Library instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home