Wednesday, March 23, 2005

two hats


two hats
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
I made both of these in January of 2005 while I was recovering from my lalaroscopic cholecystectomy.
The orange one is basically a pattern off the label of Bernat Boa, color 81605, of which a little over two balls were used. I knit it together with one skein of Lion Brand Micro Spun "coral" because I wanted a thicker hat. I just added the earflaps and the pompoms on the ends, and voila! instant crazy hat. I often wear it with a mint green coat.
The Yellow one Has been featured on this blog before, on several different heads. It's a version of Hot Head again, which is a great basic ribbed hat pattern, only I did something funky to it and ended up with this strange nodule on top. I had to make a REALLY big tassel to cover it up, otherwise I looked like I was wearing a lemon yellow nipple on my head. The base is Lion Brand Chenille and the accents are another yard sale score novelty yarn of unknown origin. I'm not sure which hat gets better reactions, but they both get plenty of attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home