Sunday, January 22, 2006

New Direction for Sundays

Well, we had our first practice at the Skatium. I'm really happy with the space, it's huge and it is all ours. We did Yoga warm ups, skated around for a while, did some time trials and practiced falling. I can't wait to get in there on Thursday with Ken so we can start the real work. I'm so excited about really getting rolling.
I can hardly believe that this is happening. It's almost unreal how well the League has come together, and how quickly everything is falling into place. I mean, I know it's not just falling into place, a bunch of people have put in a ton of hard work to get us where we are today, but I'm still a bit stunned. Five months ago this was just some crazy idea I had. Now it's like I've made sixty new friends and people are depending on me to keep them in the loop, help them decide all sorts of things, and I am responsible for so much. I think I'm getting better at the whole public speaking thing, and I've definatley gotten more organized. I just have to continue stumbling through each day without looking or sounding like the giant geek that I am and everything will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home