Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Current knitting


current knitting
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
For those who are interested, here's the update on my knitting exploits. I'm halfway finished with the third pair of baby socks, and I started a pair of grown-up socks today as well. (grown-up socks on the left, baby socks on the right, Manos x-mas yarn from Dan in the middle) I was getting too squinty working on those tiny size 0 needles that I decided to switch to some big socks, to give my eyes a rest. I also wanted to use up some of that cool sockotta yarn I had laying around. I've made one other pair with this stuff and I like it. I'm usually happy with the self-patterning stuff. It makes me look good to the non-knitting world, and it knits up quick.
The black and manos thing on the dpns in front is the second inside-out hat. You may recall the big blue and rainbow striped inside-out hat that I made when I was sick. My love it for its insanity is still strong, but I wanted a more "formal" version. Well a "formal" version of that hat is a strange concept, maybe "muted" is a better description of what I'm going for. We'll go with muted. The yarns in this one are debbie bliss cashmerino chunky and manos del Uruguay. The manos was a secret santa gift from my buddy Dan at work. I love love love this yarn. I'm happy with the debbie bliss stuff too. I've kinda paused this hat, since I've been in a socky mood lately.
I gave John Roman the socks I knit for baby Belly today. He really liked them. I hope all the other mommies and daddies like the baby socks I've been making. I don't see how anyone could resist them, they are so unbelievably adorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home