Thursday, March 08, 2007

Six and Seven!

Moving right along with Lizard Ridge, here are blocks six and seven!

I went to Knit Night at Knitorious last night. It was really good to see everyone and to meet some new folks. I wish I could have gone to the Pancake Extravaganza afterwards, but duty called and I had a board meeting to attend. I plan to continue to go knitting until the Sprout comes, then I will attend as soon afterwards as possible. It is really nice to be around other knitters for a couple of hours. Also, Rachel brought in some samples of the yarn she has been dyeing and let us all fondle and admire. I cannot wait until her business is up and operational. Wait until she announces the company name, you'll want her yarn just so you can say where it came from!
I bought some more Noro Kureyon, most of it is in colors I already have. I plan to start making blocks from two different colors to mix it up a bit, instead of just waiting for the Noro order to come in at Knitorious. Am I a bit impatient? Possibly. I want to have this blanket as close to finished as possible when the Sprout arrives, and I still need 18 blocks.
I may have to swing by Knitorious again today. I really want to go back and get the Lorna's laces Dafodil sock yarn I was lovingly fondling last night, but didn't have the cash to purchase. I would like to make some new socks for myself and that colorway is so beautiful. See? So I really want to go back to the shop and grab some to make a pair of spring socks for myself. I think I actually might attempt some toe-up socks.
What's that you say? Sarah Kate has never made toe-up socks? And she calls herself a knitter! What a fraud! Here we all thought she was fancy and daring and cutting edge.
Confession time: I am a wimp. I have knit about seventeen pairs of socks and all of them have been from the ankle down on dpns. I have experimented with different heels and different patterns, but they have all been knit in the same basic way. But as of today, I promise to stop allowing monotony to infiltrate my sock knitting. I declare from here on out that I will be more adventurous! I will try to branch out. I will knit socks from the toe up! I also have resolved to put down the dpns and try at least one of the circular needle methods of sock knitting. I'm not going to go overboard and try to knit two socks from the toe up at once on two circular needles blindfolded with one hand behind my back or anything super fancy like that, but I am willing to embrace new methods.
See, I am flexible in my knitting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You MUST buy that daffodil yarn. We wouldn't even carry it if you hadn't said how much you liked it.

The first of the yarns from [super secret name] are dyed up and at the shop. You could do toe up socks in "Themyscira", "Mild Mannered by Day", "Toxic Origins", or "Villian". You know you want to.

10:18 PM  
Blogger April said...

Pretty! Now when are you derby cats going to announce your '07 schedule? My year is booking up quick, but I need a good excuse to come back to the Lou...

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home