Thursday, February 15, 2007

Updates.

Since this is actually a knitting blog, or at least that's what I intended when I started it way back in 2005, here is the latest knitting progress. What you see here is my fourth completed segment of Lizard Ridge, and the skein of Kureyon I will begin on tonight. I am loving knitting this blanket. I had to take a hiatus for a few weeks while I recovered from the nasty abraded (abraised? braised?) cornea, but I am back on track and moving right along. I don't know if the blanket will be finished for the Sprout's arrival, but I am optimistic.
I am so glad that my eye has healed. My doctor ended up putting a contact lens in my left eye and leaving it in for five days. This helped the abrasion to heal (Doctor actually used the words "tissue knitting together") and protected the scratch from becoming irritated by my incessant blinking. I still have to put non-medicated drops in my eye three times a day to prevent this from happening again. I hope none of you ever has to go through something like this, and if you do, you have my sympathies. Tearing a ligament in my ankle was less painful and less of a pain in the behind. I am once again fully capable of reading, knitting, driving and emerging from the house during daylight hours.

Here's a new shot of Sweet V, with her Mama. They came to visit this week. V is laughing and smiling all the time now.
I cannot believe she is almost 4 months old. The changes she has made and growing she has done in such a short time is incredible. People always say "Oh, they grow so fast!" but it is true. I know the Sprout will be the same way once he or she gets here.

Speaking of Sprout, I wanted to share with you the adorable burp cloths Miss Enya Nightmare had made for me. Aren't they cute? I love that she had them trimmed in the league colors too. This baby is going to be such a spoiled derby baby.

And speaking of Derby Babies, here we have Prima Basherina and her daughter G. I've known Prima for years, all the way back to when she was a Ballerina, not a Basherina, and was called Bean. When she told me she was joining up I was so excited to have her back in my life I almost squeaked. I am so happy she is a part of the league and I love the fact that she brings her daughter to practice. We seem to be growing an entire crop of next-generation derby girls already. If you go to my myspace page and look under comments for the one Shortkick left on February 14th, you can read how she feels about the famous Hel-Kat. I love that our league is somewhere the skaters feel comfortable bringing their children and that the kids I know have the chance to see female athletes in such a positive and supportive environment.

Okay, that's it for now. I need to take a nap. Sprout kept me up half the night with the rolling and kicking and playing bongos on my bladder. Maybe this kid will be a drummer like his or her Nonna. Only 6 1/2 weeks to go!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

Oh my god. I want to burp cloths for myself!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home