Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Arch Rival Rollergirls, great practice


Lookin tough
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
So I put our league name in the post title in hopes of google sending some people here. We had a great practice tonight, Penny Royalty of the Windy City Rollers came, since she's in town from Chicago for Thanksgiving. She was awesome and supportive and answered our barrage of questions with a smile, even though she had been in the car for a gagillion hours and she showed us a thing or two on wheels. We had a good group tonight, FoJammi (future referee) came and brought his daughter Tasha, Annabelle came with me, Mom stopped by for a minute. We had fun and I got to break in my new skates. I also met Ken, who Barb has been talking to about possibly giving us skating lessons. He was really nice and I hope we can work with him. All the girls are showing improvement and dedication and we are getting better and more confident. I think confidence is what we all needed a big dose of. February looks really close now, but I'm sure we can pull off some sort of demonstration for the Mardi Gras Boxing gig. I'm high on roller derby right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home