Sunday, April 30, 2006

Arch Rival Rollergirls first demo bout!


So the big news of the week is... Jonathan worked for me and I got to go to Columbia!
My fears were unfounded. All of the girls on both teams did a great job. Everyone skated their hearts out and had a blast. Many of the girls in the league who were not on the two demo teams came to support the Vixens and the Angels. Toni (bless her, she drove me to Columbia) said that the crowd seemed really into it, especially when the girls took a fall. No one was seriously hurt. Jen O'Cide, Joanie Rollmoan and Facia Fears all came up to me after the bout and told me that it was the most fun they'd ever had in their entire lives. I am so proud of all our girls, those who skated and those who didn't. I honestly feel like we pulled it off, hitch free. Casey, Barb and Ken deserve massive props for setting this whole thing up. All of the skaters on the Pink Vixens and the Black Angels gave it their all. The referees and Scorekeeper Kelly did a good job, Katie and Emily were great for running the merchandise table, the pit crew kept everyone hydrated, and Skate Betty (Gypsy's daughter Galadriel) came ON HER SWEET SIXTEENTH BIRTHDAY to watch her Mama skate. Here's the kicker: we made six-hundred and sixty-six dollars. We are evil, but we cannot be destroyed!
All of my fears were unfounded, but I still cannot believe we pulled it off! Empire skating rink wants to have us back again. I feel like we will be better prepared for our first bout in St. Louis, we know what we need to work on. This is only the beginning, and I can't wait for the rest of the ride, I know it will only get better from here on out. I hope we can keep it together enough, what with the small problem of having 70 strong-willed, opinionated, pig-headed women together at the same time, on wheels. I created a monster. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home