Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter Eye Candy

Here is an image of my finished eggs. I have been trying to upload this since nine this morning. I'm not sure if the problem was with blogger or my wifi connection, but it was quite frustrating.
Anyway, the eggs turned out great. My Easter plans are set. On Sunday I will work brunch at Duff's. Simple, right? Matt's however, are more complex.
As most of you know, Matt helps design the window displays at Blueberry Hill. Sometimes this includes setting up live, holiday-themed performances. He usually assembles the set, recruits actors (unwitting BbH employees who are lured with the promise of free drinks and fame), and directs the performances. This week he is directing "The Easter Bunny's Kitchen." This is a recurring display featuring cute girls in pastel dresses and white aprons accompanying the Easter Bunny in his quest to create the perfect egg. The girls wear bunny ears and white gloves, the window is all in pastels and the kids love it. The Bunny remains anonymous in his/her giant white fluffy costume and papier mache head.
Unfortunately, the Bunny costume has been misplaced. They have the head, but not the suit. Also the person who plays the Bunny has declined to reprise his/her role this year, so guess who gets to do it? That's right folks, everyone's favorite bartender/derby bouncer/doctor of beerology, my husband: Mr. Mattie Thenhaus! He has arranged to rent a bunny suit for the occasion, and will be available for photographs.
Come down to Blueberry Hill on Saturday April 15th between noon and three pm and see this amazing piece of theatrics. Get your picture taken with the Mattie-Bunny! Easter fun for all, I promise. Rollergirls who get their picture taken with the Mattie-Bunny will go on my good-graces list for all time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh i am so getting my picture taken with Matty Thenhaus Bunny! this is gonna rule.

6:28 PM  
Blogger April said...

Ryan and I usually try to hit B-Hill on Sundays, but both of our families are insisting we join them for egg-tastic food gorging (I gain more weight this time of year than I do at X-mas, seriously). Something about missing us... Oh well...

6:43 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Love, love, love that easter egg photo. It's just beautiful.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home