Sunday, March 11, 2007

Quickshot Weekend Update (without Pictures)

On Friday night Jill and the boys came over with Catholic fish dinner. The only time I get religion is when it's Lenten Fish Fry time. I will do just about anything for one of those styrofoam containers full of greasy fishy goodness. Jill went to a St. John the Theologian Serbian Orhtodox church, which is one of my mother's favorites. The fish was good, the fries were tasty and the sampling she brought from the dessert table was awesome. Next week we're gonna hit St. Joan of Arc, whch is famous throughout south St. Louis. We hung out here afterwards and watched an Austin Powers move (I confess, I did more knitting than watching, I'm not sure which one it was) and then early to bed.
On Saturday morning Jill and the boys came back and picked me up for soulard market. We did our produce shoppingm went to Forest Park and fed the ducks, ate lunch at the Imo's where Sara works and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the little playground by my house. Miles and Jasper had a great time and were totally worn out by the time she took them home at 3:00.
Saturday evening, Toni, the Hel-Kat, the Fraulein and I piled into the Subaru and high tailed it down to Columbia for the ARRG second annual CoMo Demo Bout! Once again the Pink Vixens battled the Black Angels in an "almost too close to call" game that ended with the Angels winning by only one point, 74-73. I got to announce with Grave Danger, who looked so incredibley hot (it's becoming a common occurence) while I waddled around the rink like a beach ball with legs. Toni said she overheard one of the spectators say something to the tune of "Man, if that girl with the pigtails sneezes we are all in for one hell of a halftime show!" Danger kept asking me if I would please have the baby right then and there. Luckily I did not. Sprout did kick throughout the entire third period, right along with the crowd cheering like crazy folk. Hel-Kat was exhausted and was seriously wiggy on the drive home.
I got up this morning and had Brunch with Joe, and then came home to take a nap. I missed Big Al's birthday party at the Sky Zone, but I'm sure that jumping on trampolines all afternoon would have been bad for me. Must watch Rome now. Pix of CoMo later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home