Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Weekend Redux


Winnie and Kate mix it up
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
Saturday day was dead at work, no tables for four hours. Sunday Brunch was smooth sailing, I didn't have to fire anyone and Beth was so amazingly helpful. Sunday night Kate had a barbeque (pictured) at her folk's house. Many were in attendance. Much food was eaten, many beers were had and I was the only one left sober by the end of the night. I've been having some digestive problems and haven't been putting much in my mouth. Monday was another double, I made very little money, but I got to go home early. Matt finished the Fourth of July window and it is quite funny. I call it "the hazards of illegal fireworks," he calls it something else. Tuesday I slept off my intestinal problems and did a bit of reading. I went to see Howl's Moving Castle with Gabe. I did enjoy it, but it was no Spirited Away. Myazaki is still my favorite Anime director, but I guess Spirited Away is too tough to top. Gabe and I both thought the ending was a little too contrived. I know it's a kid's movie, but I felt an air of Disney in the translation. Billy Crystal was perfect as the fire spirit though. After the movie I droped Gabe at home and went to what I believe was the shortest BBH waitstaff meeting I've ever attended. I need to get together with my crew for the Floyd Awards soon, which means I should get cracking on those costumes.
Next post: reviews of all (okay most) things I have read this summer so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home