Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday at last!

I didn't sleep well last night. I had strange dreams about harboring refugees in my house and being invaded by the INS. I had to wake up early this morning because the Appraisal Guy was coming over to do a walk-thru on the house. We need an appraisal so that we could move forward on our refinance. I will get up at the crack of dawn if it helps me get a big fat loan. I never thought myself to be so motivated by cash, but when it comes down to it, I guess I am. Actually, I am motivated by the need for a two bathroom house.
So enough chit-chat. We all know what today is. The Last Day. Glenna and I will be at Left Bank Books tonight at midnight to pick up our copies of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". I need to take a nap today, because I know I'll be up all night tonight reading. Matt is betting I can finish it before I have to work on Saturday morning. I am doubtful. I think he just wants me to shut up. I've been a royal pain this week, hogging the computer and leaving copies of the first five books face-down in every room of the house. Sorry, I like to be prepared. When "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" came out, I was on vacation with my family in Chicago and I insisted my mom lend me her car at midnight so I could go out and grab a copy of the book. When "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix" debuted I worked the evening shift at Duff's and when my tables all left I just hopped across the street, grabbed my copy and headed home.
I'm a bit of a maniac, and I don't really care if everyone knows. I love that so many people are getting all wound up about a BOOK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home