Friday, July 22, 2005

Waiting for the call

Yesterday was babyday. We had Anna, Naomi, Miles and Jasper for the afternoon. Needless to say I was exhausted when all the kids left.
Glenna was over for the last hour or so finishing her paper for her Mexican-American History class. I don't know why, but she likes to write papers at my house. I usually proofread for her, and I know she's the kind of person who needs to talk her ideas through when she's writing. I guess she likes to bounce things off Matt and I.
Jill stayed for a bit when she came to pick up the boys. She wants me to go out tonight with a bunch of people from high school. When she left Matt and I did some steak preparation (over the wooden variety, not the meat kind) and called it a night fairly early.
I finished the last book on my kitchen pile (Nation of Rebels: Why Counterculture Became Consumer Culture by Joseph Heath and Andrew Potter) and I am going to start putting a dent into the bedroom pile tomorrow night. I just realised I should clarify about the piles. When Matt and I moved in to the house, one of the first things we did was have floor-to-ceiling bookshelves built in our living room. They are full. We also have bookshelves, the freestanding kind, in the "office" and in the kitchen. They, also, are full. We have piles of books in the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and in the hall closet. I have been trying to sort books in these rooms into "read" and "unread" sub-groupings (I have a problem with sub-groupings. It manifests itself in all aspects of my life. I should have been a librarian.) so that I can store those I have finished reading and read those I haven't. Anyway, bibliomania strikes again, and I am swamped with too many books and no place to put them.
I also promised reviews of things I have read this summer, but that will have to wait for a future installment.
I'm waiting for our mortgage broker to call and tell us we are getting out refinance. Waiting really really stinks.
I should get ready for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home