Sunday, September 18, 2005

long overdue...

I want to apologise to my faithful readers, though few and far between they may be, for my long absence. I haven't had time to think this past week, let alone do the blogging. I've been working on the house lately, with the help of Kate and Chris. Kate is here to stay for a while, and Chris is only here for a few more hours. I am very happy we had him for the week.
Kate and Chris got most of the fallen tree branches and leaves out of the yard and into the dumpsters. We hauled out the rest of the plaster from the bathroom, and took down the lathe from the ceilings on the second floor. Now we just need to get the rest of the junk out of the second floor, and we can procede with drywalling. I am excited!
Work has been exhausting lately, but very lucrative. With Wash U. back in session, the teeming masses descend upon "Blue Hill" like vultures. (Is that a mixed metaphor? Oh well.)
I'm getting ready for the Floyd awards, our anual staff fiasco. I'm doing the fashion show again, and I can't say anything more for fear of letting the cat out of the bag, but I will post pictures when the project is complete. I'm also in charge of the BBh booth at the Loop in Motion festival on October first, so I've been making knitted things and other crafty stuff to sell for that. Unfortunatley this means I will be unable to attend this year's Archon festivities. Oh well, maybe I'll stop by for a bit.
I'm going to Chicago for the Marathon on the seventh, and staying until the eleventh. I am so stoked to see my cousin in the marathon. Mom and Aunt Patti thought my idea for us all to wear matching sweatshirts that say "Julie D. from W.G." on the front and "GO!" on the back was great. I know it's a bit cheesy, but in a great, supportive way. I am SO PROUD of Julie. I know she's going to do well and I can't wait to be there to cheer her on.
That's it for now. I promise the next post will be sooner than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home