Thursday, September 22, 2005

September 22 is for remembering


My Poppy and me
Originally uploaded by sarahkate.
Today is my Poppy's birthday. He passed away several years ago and I miss him terribly. I always think about him on his birthday. I'm not sure who took this picture, it was probably my mom or Aunt Patti; and I don't remember who we were photographing, but I can guess that it was Christmas. We are facing the mantle in Grammy and Poppy's livingroom (called The Front Room, where NO FOOD WAS EVER ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) where all the stockings were hung.
I miss my Poppy every day. I try to be an honest, patient and fair person like he was. I think the patience comes hardest, but then, I am my grandmother's grandaughter after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home