Friday, May 19, 2006

Real live knitbloggers!

So I went to Shugga's this morning and met Ann and several of her friends. Ann is a fellow St. Louis knitblogger who I met through the St. Louis Knits blog ring. It turns out she lives really close to me, and meets up with fellow knitters down the street at the local coffee house. Whee! I finally met some other knitters. I don't have any knitting obsessed friends, so it was nice to be with someone who not only appreciates the virtues of Koigu and Lorna's Laces, but actually knows what I'm talking about when I wax poetic about such things. I also finished the gusset decreases for Rachel's ankle socks and I am making headway (footway?) on the foot part. I'm 3/4 oft he way done with these, and I promised myself I wouldn't start these until Rachel's socks were finished. I'm going to do them in the trekking xxl I got at Knitorious, but I'm not even swatching til Rachel's socks are done. Really. I must finish Rachel's socks. Can you tell I'm having a hard time with this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh, Broad Ripple......great place to party, great name for a style of sock. those are cute.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

So fun to meet you today, Sarahkate! We'll have to get together to knit. I think we should start a daytime knitting group -- daytime cause that's when I can reliably come, when the kids are in school. Get on that will you? [smiles endearingly] Again, so fun to meet you and we'll have to get together again!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home