Thursday, May 11, 2006

Three hats.

Here is that knitting content I promised you all. Three hats! Three! All of these were completed this week.
First up we have the little black stripy number. I started this one shortly after I finished the striped blue monster.The monster is a sort of muppet hat, floppy and colorful. I made it in the winter, when everything was gray and nasty and I wanted to perk up my wardrobe. This hat was intended as the classy sister of the monster. It is a bit big, but still cute and jaunty. It consists of two skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (black) and the lovely autumn colored Manos, a gift from Dan at work. I didn't have a pattern, I just sort of made it up as I went along. It's knit on size ten dpns.
Next up we have the All-Manos-Ponytail-Peekaboo Hat. This is the same Manos from the last hat. Actually, it is most of the Manos. I loved working with this yarn. It is such a beautiful colorway, and the yarn is soft and smooth. Dan gets major props for choosing great yarn for a secret santa gift. Once again, no pattern for this hat. I just knit in the round on a 16 inch size 7 circular needle, threw in some decreases and then cast off when it seemed done. I made an i-cord and tied it around the top. The best part is that I knit this entire hat in about six hours, while watching season six of Buffy. This hat looks really cute with my hair peeking out of it. See, peeking is the theme here.
Last but not least, we have Matt modeling the official Kittyville hat from "stitch 'n bitch" by Debbie Stoller. I've made this hat two other times. This one is for my sister, and it is her belated Christmas pressent. I know, I suck. She's getting it just in time for summer! I had this finished a long time ago, but ripped back the i-cord and tassels and re-did them in white instead of pink. I think the pink on the ears is all it needs. Matt's head is considerably bigger than Annie's and I hope she likes the way it looks more than he does. I think I have embarassed my husband sufficently now.
So ends this installment of knitting at the petting zoo. Stay tuned for sock news later this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I love the peakaboo hat!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home