Sunday, April 01, 2007

sigh

On Thursday the OB said that if Sprout isn't here by Monday, he is going to recommend an induction.
On Friday his office called and said they have no open spaces on the hospital schedule for me, but not to worry, they'll figure something out. Kate and I went to St. Pius for fishfry friday.
On Saturday I went to Duff's and saw Margaret, Nuni, and Karen. They all want Sprout out too.
It is now officially Sunday. I do not want to be induced, but I really do not want to be pregnant either. I am torn between my ideas about childbirth and my desire to be able to move about in a normal fashion.
I missed an awesome ARRG fundraiser this morning and a really cool party tonight because I can hardly walk.
My dad wants an April 1st baby, since it is Opening Day for the Cardinals. I would really like to help him out. REALLY.
I can't sleep.
I can't knit.
I can't believe all of you haven't given up on this blog. Thank you for your supportive comments, suggestions and threats. All of them have made this eaiser. I'm not going to post again until I have pictures of an actual Sprout to share.
Let's hope it's not too long.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sk8, I love you, i was so happy to see you. i hope sprout gets the hint to come out soon.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a good party, but no place for a sprout. i hope you have an april fools baby. thats fun. the yard sale was a hit. and we missed you but we knew you were there in spirit. i'm still liking the name tomato!!!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Poor thing! I was long with my first too and it's tough. Here's the thing. They can't stay in forever. It will happen. That's a certainty. Today would be good. Take care!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sorry you are so uncomfortable and frustrated. I remember that feeling. It will be a memory soon...hang in there!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Test Rachel said...

Of course you are going to have the baby today. Being that pregnant for that long is some kind of cosmic joke. It is only fitting that Sprout be born today. I'll be thinking laborious thoughts for you. Wait, that doesn't sound right...

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

name the baby tomato sprout...thats a great name!!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Sunday night, 9 PM. Sprout better be here!

8:56 PM  
Blogger kathyeffingjacobs said...

Thinking good baby-arrival thoughts your way!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw izumi. i think you should name the baby dammit.
dammit! where are you?
dammit! why haven't you come out yet?
dammit! you're really pissing me off.

:)
want me to come over there and give you a ginormous bear hug to squeeze the sprout out?
dammit!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If it's a girl, her name should be an April, 'cause the sprout is sure playing quite the April Fool's joke on you and hasn't quit it.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I hope that you are happy with how everything goes, regardless of whether sprout comes out on her own. My daughter was induced & induction really wasn't as bad as "they" say that it is.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home